[ Français ]
We are proud to announce that the MRIA 2011 National Conference, "Ripe with Innovation", will be held from May 29-31 in the beautiful city of Kelowna, British Columbia Known for its scenic environment of lakes and mountains, sunshine and fruit, wine, golf and ski hills, the Okanagan is gaining increasing prominence as a centre of incubation for innovative excellence.
'Ripeness' might conjure up images of maturity, or it could speak of readiness to launch. 'Innovation' can be something totally original and new, or something improved. It is often characterized by the creation of new ideas or things, looking forward and leading edge thinking.
We would like to explore many of the following concepts during the 2011 Conference:
- In a world where data is seemingly infinite, we now need to provide data architecture, measurement and context to enable understanding. How are we doing this?
- How will research agency - client relationships be affected by the changing environment?
- In the ongoing evolution from data collection to insights, understanding and knowledge management, how can we stay relevant?
- Data protection and privacy issues. What lies ahead?
- Case studies and novel business applications, tools and techniques for 'listening', advanced data analysis, business analytics and business intelligence.
- What are the main impacts on the market, social research and intelligence industry?
- What does the next (or the current) generation of market researchers look like?
- Can we adapt to meet the challenges that lie ahead?
Who should attend
- Market, Social and Communications Research Practitioners
- VPs, Directors and Managers of Marketing, Advertising & Communications
- Social Media Managers
- Chief Marketing Officers
- Digital Strategists
- Chief Brand Officers
- Directors of Digital Media
- New Media Specialists
- Interactive Marketing Directors and Managers
- Academic specialists
The MRIA is a Canadian not-for-profit association representing all aspects of the market intelligence and survey research industry, including social research, competitive intelligence, data mining, insight, and knowledge management. MRIA is the single authoritative voice of the marketing and public opinion research and marketing intelligence industry in Canada. Over the past 50 years, the association has grown to include more than 400 corporate members and over 1,700 individual members. It accounts for more than $784 million dollars in economic activity annually.