1. Exhibitors will be required to abide by all rules and regulations as established by the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort, Showtime Event & Display, Synergy Events Inc., the event managers, and the Market Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) (herein referred to as Management).
2. Management reserves the right to reject or prohibit exhibits or exhibitors deemed by management not to meet the goals of the MRIA conference, or to relocate exhibitors when it is Management’s opinion that such moves are necessary for the maintenance of the quality, traffic flow, character and good order of the show. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules adopted by management, and further agrees that management shall have the final decision in the adoption of any rules and regulations deemed necessary prior to, during, and after the show.
3. Exhibit space may not be transferred or sublet without the written permission of Management.
4. Exhibits must be wholly contained within the exhibit space. Sales activity, demonstrations, and distribution of any printed matter, souvenirs, or any other materials shall be confined to the Exhibitor’s booth.
5. All payments are due with the application. If payments are not made promptly, Management may rent the space to other exhibitors.
6. The Exhibitor is not permitted to supply or sell food or beverages within the exhibit space.
7. The Exhibitor shall not conduct him/herself, or operate any equipment at a level of sound that is deemed, at the sole discretion of Management, to be detrimental to the welfare of the show or other exhibitors.
8. The Exhibitor agrees that no display will be dismantled or goods removed during the run of the show and that the exhibit must remain intact until closing on the last day.
The Exhibitor also agrees to remove his/her exhibit, equipment and apparatus from the show building by the final removal time, or, failing to do so, agrees to pay all such additional costs as may be incurred.
9. The Delta Grand Okanagan Resort does not accept any advance shipments. All advance materials must be sent directly to Showtime Event & Display, and must be clearly labelled with your company name and booth number (labels are provided in our order package).
All materials will be subject to Materials Handling charges, based on the total weight of your shipment. Showtime Event & Displaywill begin accepting shipments on May 9th, 2011 between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
10. The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all privacy laws, including the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act, particularly with respect to any personal information about an identifiable individual, collected, used or disclosed during, or in connection with, the show.
11. Reasonable security shall be provided at all times on the show premises, primarily to assure public safety. The Exhibitor’s property shall be placed on display at the Exhibitor’s own risk; Management assumes no liability for loss or damage thereto. The Exhibitor shall assume all responsibility for loss or damage to his/her property due to theft,
fire, flood or any other cause beyond the control of Management.
12. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify Management and any of its agents, partners, employees or sponsors against liability for (1) damages, claims, costs or expenses (including legal fees) arising from any injury or damage to said Exhibitor, his/her agents, employees, invitees, or other exhibitors or their property, and/or (2) any breach by said Exhibitor, his/her agents, or employees of any applicable privacy laws. By virtue of the terms of this agreement, the Exhibitor shall be liable for any damages to the building and/or furniture and fixtures contained therein, the hallways and entrances therein, or the hallways and entrances thereto.
13. The Exhibitor shall provide to Management a certificate of insurance issued by his/her insurance agent/broker (such certificates are generally available at no additional cost). This certificate must certify that the Exhibitor has general liability insurance which is effective between the installation and removal dates, and that the amount of this insurance is no less than $500,000.
Exhibitors who have not supplied this certificate will not be allowed to set up their exhibits.
14. In the event that the building is destroyed by fire or the elements, or if any other circumstances whatsoever should occur making it impossible for Management to permit exhibitors to occupy the premises, or if the show is cancelled, the Exhibitor shall pay for his/her exhibit space only for the period during which that space was or could have been occupied; and Management will in no way be responsible for any claims or damages that might arise in consequence thereof.
15. Exhibits must comply with fire regulation. All display materials must be fireproof.
16. The sale of articles is prohibited unless they bear the label of a recognized testing laboratory, such as CSA, CGA or ULC, or they have been locally approved by the minister having jurisdiction. Furthermore, these articles must conform to all copyright and trademark laws, as applicable.
17. Management reserves the right to appoint all show services and will make all relevant information available to exhibitors.
18. This contract may be cancelled by either party only if the other party receives notice in writing at least ninety (90) days prior to the show’s installation date. If the Exhibitor cancels after this date, he/she is liable for full payment of space rental.
19. There must always be at least one key representative present at the booth during show hours.